Sunday, September 25, 2005

Quickie Movie Reviews: Late Summer 2005

Well, I woke up this morning and got a message from a friend on my instant messenger reminding me to try to write more often in my blog. I've been so busy lately it's one of the ways friends can find out what I've been up to. I've seen a few movies I haven't written about yet.


Well, I don't know if I've raved yet about 40 Year Old Virgin. One of the funniest movies I've seen this year. Some of it can be pretty raunchy, but the sweet love story helps even it out. I highly recommend it. Good character development. In my textbook Total Directing, the author Tom Kingdon says, "strong characters make for strong plot". If you care about the characters, you want to see what happens to them.


Last night I saw An Unfinished Life with Jennifer Lopez, Robert Redford and Morgan Freeman. It's directed by Lasse Hallstrom who directed one of my favorite films of all time Once Around. I really enjoyed it. And I find it difficult to enjoy Jennifer Lopez, usually. An abused woman on the run from her bf with her daughter goes to stay with her estranged father-in-law and his ranch hand. It's a story more of forgiving and letting go of resentments. Josh Lucas was good eye candy. He reminds me of my favorite guy Matthew McConaughey.


I also saw Just Like Heaven, cute but not great. It had some very funny and sweet moments.


I also saw Proof at a sneak preview that my friend won tickets to see. It was not bad, my friend Rox thought it was too slow moving. I think we were a test audience or something because halfway through the film changed color temperature and it was very noticeable. I thought Gwyneth Paltrow was great as always, Jake Gyllenhal was as cute as a button. Hope Davis did a great job playing the know-it-all sister that you want to just smack across the face.

Well, I got a 94% on my script that I had to hand in this week. I didn't have the format quite right, but I now have an idea how it goes. Now we have two weeks to film a one shot video. Well, I'm looking forward to the work, but it will mean I still won't be around a whole lot. Take care, folks. Back to the books......(after the cleaning is done)......

More ramblings to come.......

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home