Wednesday, August 10, 2005

Musings: Bored out of My Skull

I'm trying to figure out what the universe is trying to tell me by having the summer off.

I've had a lot of time to think about stuff. Maybe too much time. I've seen a lot of movies. Done some writing. But I wish I had some camera equipment. I could have worked on a project.

I did assign myself a project and if you are still reading this by the end.....then I'd worry about you, too. My life is not that exciting right now. I'm working on a collage for one wall in my room. I've been slowly collecting some favorite pictures of people, fashion, houses and scenery. I've broken it up into four categories, beautiful women, beautiful men, ocean and tropical scenery and interior design. I've got a quarter of it done with the beautiful women. I've got lots of Drew, some beautiful black and white shots from Vanity Fair magazine. I've got a black and white of Jayne Mansfield, and one of Elizabeth Taylor circa 1950's. Lots of Selma, some Diane Lane, a Liv, a Jordana and the most beautiful, elegant picture of Demi in the new Versace campaign. I've got some Queen Latifah, a Missy, some Oprah, Halle, Gabrielle Union, Ellen, the cast of Sex and the City and the best picture of Mia Hamm in mid air about to wail on a soccer ball. You can't just be beautiful to get on my wall, I have to admire you for your strength and think you're really cool. I know it doesn't sound like anything ground-breaking or overly exciting. But I feel good creating something for my room that I can feel inspired by while I lay in bed staring at the wall, willing the coffee maker to start on its own. I felt like I needed to change some things. Why not start in the house? I'm also working on the basement. Creating a space for the kids so that they have "stations" to play at and use their imaginations instead of watching tv or playing video games. Luckily my boy doesn't play that often, but when he does, he can be playing for hours if I let him. I have so far this summer donated 21 bags of clothes. Oi. And I still have about four boxes of toys and a box of dishes to go. But I have more room and know where everything is now. God, I need a life.

More exciting things to come......

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home