Sunday, July 24, 2005

Musings: Cheating

Well, another day gone.

I was catching up on my celebrity gossip online a few days ago and came across something that made me think. In case any of you don't keep up with celebrity gossip, I'll fill you in. Jude Law's nanny came forward with a claim that she had an affair with Jude Law while he was on location somewhere. One of those anonymous sources close to Sienna Miller, Jude's fiancee, said Sienna had confonted him about it. Just to clarify, I don't know that this really happened, but it doesn't really matter whether it did or not, it just made me think of something which I will go into in a moment. Allegedly, Jude had told Sienna that it was her fault. She spent so much time partying and if she had been more devoted, he wouldn't have strayed. So even if this didn't happen, I know it's happened with other people I know in life.

If anybody blames you for their actions, don't hesistate to move on and don't look back. I bring it up because I know women who have stayed after and actually let themselves feel guilty. Last year I had a friend at my work place. She's a really cool chick and we got along well. She told me about catching her boyfriend cheating on her. Her and her boyfriend lived together and one day she turned on his video camera to watch the tape on it. Yes, what a horrible way to find out. It was a friend of theirs. And he blamed her for being too busy for him. They broke up for a little while and got back together. She said they were going to move to another city. She decided to quit school for the time being (he just finished getting his degree, she still had two years left) and was voicing some concern about whether she was doing the right thing. I wanted to scream "NO", but she's a grown woman with a mind of her own and she decided to go anyway. I still think it was a mistake, but what can you do. I just think that anybody who blames someone else for their behavior is not taking responsibility for their own actions and doesn't feel sorry for hurting the other person.

I just brought it up because if anybody else could be helped from going through another _ months of false hope only to have the same thing happen all over again, then it's a good thing. I hate to admit that it happened to me, but it has. When my ex and I broke up recently after I confronted him about some stuff, he had said that he waits to see what kind of mood I'm in to decide what he was going to do. If I'm good, then it's all good. But if I'm bitchy, then he'll go talk to other girls. What kind of sh*t is that? Everything depends on my mood. I said well, forget that, I'm not going to be responsible for your screw ups. Plus I don't buy that. I think even if I was sunshine all the time, it still would've happened. I think that was some bull to try to make me feel guilty. I hate to sound all negative, but I'm just working through some stuff right now. Things are becoming clearer to me. So if you ever find yourself in a situation, it doesn't have to be cheating, when someone tries to blame you for something they are doing......turf em. Say "Get away from me, your bad energy is crowing my aura" and move on. Just a little tip from me to you.

More ramblings to come.....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home