Sunday, August 20, 2006

Weekend Box Office


Okay, so I was wayyy off on some of those numbers.

Predicted:
1. Snakes on a Plane $37mil
2. The Illusionist $19mil
3. Talladega Nights: The Ballad of Ricky Bobby $17mil
4. World Trade Center $13-14mil
5. Accepted $7mil

Sunday Estimates:
1. Snakes on a Plane $15.2mil
2. Talladega Nights: The Ballad of Ricky Bobby $14.1mil
3. World Trade Center $10.8mil
4. Accepted $10.1mil
5. Step Up $9.87mil

Wow, I am really shocked that Snakes didn't do as well as I thought. It was so highly anticipated and hyped. Another surprise is that The Illusionist never even placed in the top 10. It was released this weekend, right? People really like Edward Norton and he hasn't been in anything in awhile. The trailer for it looked good. I was off 3 mil for Talledega Nights, World Trade Center and Accepted which isn't too bad. Accepted did better than I had expected and Step Up spent another week in the top 5. Which I am surprised at because all the reviews say it's so formulaic and predictable. Do we really need another dance movie? Good thing I don't bet on these things in Vegas....I'd already have Jimmy the Hook on my case.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home