Monday, August 14, 2006

Movie Quote of the Day: Real Genius (1985)


Holy crap. I saw Real Genius for the first time in forever last night when I picked up the DVD. This is one of those movies that is much better in your memory. It's very dated now and not as funny as I remember. But, Val Kilmer was the hotness back then and he makes the film. In case you haven't ever seen it, 15 year old genius Mitch Taylor (Gabe Jarret) gets recruited to go to Pacific Tech, a school with other super smart genius types to do super smart genius type things. Chris Knight (Kilmer), king shit on campus, takes young Mitch under his wing and teaches him to goof off and not take things so seriously. One thing I found out that I didn't know was that Stacy Peralta (famed skateboarder and now award winning director) has a small part in the film as "Shuttle Pilot". Anyhoo, here it is...

Mitch: Something strange happened to me this morning...
Chris: Was it a dream where you see yourself standing in sort of sun-god robes on a pyramid, with a thousand naked women screaming and throwing little pickles at you?
Mitch: No.
Chris: Why am I the only person who has that dream?

More ramblings to come....

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home