Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Hookers

My handsome and talented friend, Marcel Petit, is premiering his documentary, Hookers, in Saskatoon this coming weekend. The film is a documentary about how former street workers transitioned from the sex trade to go on to school and other careers. Marcel has made the film partly as a tribute to his mother, one of the women featured, to honour her strength. Unforch, I don't think I will be able to make it up to Saskatoon to see it, but I will see it as soon as it makes it down to the Queen City. If you are in the Saskatoon area, definitely check it out, or catch it at a film festival near you.



Much love and happiness, Marcel!

More ramblings to come......

3 Comments:

Blogger Rambler said...

hey is there a way I can get to watch this here in India?

9:57 AM  
Blogger trudyrox said...

I will see if it will be available online in the future.

10:45 AM  
Blogger Missing Women Conference said...

HI, I worked on a conference called Missing Women: Decolonization, Third Wave Feminism and Indigenous People of Canada and Mexico this summer. I think this video is great and would LOVE to purchase a copy. Do you know where I can buy a copy? PLease email me at missingwomenconference@gmail.com.

Thank you!

4:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home